Entrepreneurship is such an epic journey and becoming a successful entrepreneur means embracing patience and persistence. The everyday experiences in it should take you to a new school of thought. Game of Thrones is one of the phenomenal things any business founder or entrepreneur of the modern-day life.
The series takes on powerful leadership lessons, which would help your business as revealed by its different characters. Let us highlight some of these lessons: –
- Being aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Experts say effective leaders are confident about what they want and how they will go about it. This means they know their strengths and can easily take advantage of them. They also realize that they do not have answers to everything. So they must have people to walk with them.
- Being able to adopt tough decisions and owning them. Leadership is not for the faint-hearted. Leaders must accept to become unpopular because of the decisions they take. Some of them are difficult but in the long run, it will be necessary to execute them. This means taking responsibility and accountability.
- Taking on matters with diplomacy. Good leadership entails being smart, humble and being and empathetic. This means choosing words of intelligence over violence in handling matters. Apparently, this has earned so many characters and political leaders substantial amounts of respect.
- Being a servant. A leader focuses more on the people than on himself. Leaders give priority to the well-being of the people they lead. They are always on the battlefield with their teams and gives credit to those who deserve it. To accomplish them you must let go of your ego and cultivate the will to of service to others.
- Maintaining a healthy balance and keeping your word. You must build strong relationships with your team members However, this does not mean yelling at them or using threats. Threats are not solutions. So learn to keep a grip on your emotions. On the other hand, you will earn integrity points by simply keeping your word. Be that leader who easily gains the trust of their team because they kept their promises.
Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with our FREE daily email newsletter.