Freedom is perhaps one of the greatest achievements, which comes with being an entrepreneur. However, this is not an overnight achievement. An entrepreneur’s journey is packaged with a whole lot of unexpected roadblocks. And only those who take with a positive attitude are able to repackage it to fit their needs.
Strong business acumen is one of the many characters, which define a serious business person. However, amidst the seriousness, they have a sense of humor, which they use to patch together the tough areas. Here are some moments of humor, which you or a fellow entrepreneur use or used: –
- Denying the size of your start. A majority of entrepreneurs will not tell their clients how small their businesses are. They will talk big any time yet behind the scenes they are saving funds for office space. Some will operate from their homes but the client will never know.
- Making maximum use of free trials. A new entrepreneur does not have the finances to plunge into all the necessary business activities. So they will take advantage of anything on trial related to their businesses. At the expiry of the trials, they create a new email account and register again for the trial.
- Picking important calls from whatever location. A start-off entrepreneur will hardly miss calls no matter where they are. Be it at the beach or in the bathroom.
- Seeking attention with crazy things. Within a crowded market, new entrepreneurs scramble for the right attention. Hence, they use any means and tactics to get it. Would imagine yourself engaging demonstrators to disrupt a conference for your competitor? It sounds ridiculous but yes, people do it when trying to pitch their products.
- Not sure if you are having a work/life balance. Starting off is hard. Most entrepreneurs try to be ‘jacks of all trades’. Unfortunately, the need to set up a successful business is more often strong. They end up having little on time to their personal and home lives.
Being that IT person when you do not have technical skills. Come to think of when you tried to fix that computer. This often happens to startups in the name of saving money.
Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with our FREE daily email newsletter.